Blog background

Monday, July 24, 2006

The Arrival of Genevieve Christine

Welcome back to my blog. I thought now that I have entered the second week of life, it was time to give you an update on how I'm doing.
In this picture you can see how beautiful my mommy was the day before labor began. I think she looks ready!


After 38 hours of labor starting on July 12th and ending on July 14th, I couldn't wait any longer, so the nice doctors at the hospital decided it was time for a c-section and here I am fresh from my mommy's womb.

Childbirth is tough work and I developed quite an appetite during my journey. I don't even think mommy was fully awake yet from her anesthesia, but I was hungry.


On Monday, the 17th, Mom and I were given a clean bill of health and they let me come home. Luckily we were able to bring all of the flowers that people sent me in the hospital.

Mom and Dad look really happy to have me home. It's a good place to be.



Daddy stayed up late assembling some of my toys a few nights before I was born. Here I get to try out my favorite swing.

Grandma and Grandpa on my daddy's side came to visit me this past week. They seem like nice people, but I was a little surprised to see that I already have more hair than Grandpa.



Grandma on my mommy's side has been a good friend so far. She came all the way from California to help out my mommy and daddy. She even showed Mommy how to give me my first bath. I don't look too happy, but I am actually singing in this picture.

Mommy is doing better each day and looks fantastic. She holds me lots and makes sure that I am well fed. I love my mommy.

I don't know why, but Daddy sure seems to sleep a lot. That's okay though, because he is always willing to rock me back to sleep with him.

No comments: