Blog background

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My first birthday!

July 14th, I was told, was my 1 year old birthday. Mommy and Daddy tried to explain it to me. I didn't really get it all, but I do know that it was fun! Lots of family and friends came to my house to play with me and Mommy and Daddy let me eat whatever I wanted! Blueberries, strawberries, potato salad, gaucamole and chips, chocolate cake ... you name it, it was yummy!

I had gone down for a nap and when I woke up, I had lots of people to play with. Here you can see my grandma, uncle and some of my cousins and friends who had come to play.


Lucky for me, I had lots of help unwrapping my birthday gifts. Here I am checking out some of my new books. I LOVE reading books.


Before today, the only bits of chocolate that I had ever been able to taste were the bits of cookie that Daddy used to sneak me for breakfast while Mommy was still sleeping. (Those are fun breakfasts!) - But today, I got to smush as much of the chocolately goodness out of this cake as I pleased, and no one even minded. It was messy and it was great!

I'm not sure how often these birthday things occur, but I think I like them!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

So, so cute! Sounds like a fun birthday. Keep posting pics, I love looking at them. How is the new house?