Blog background

Friday, March 27, 2009

St. Patty's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  We had never really celebrated St. Patrick's Day before, but with Genevieve, I knew she would love it.  So that morning, when G woke up, I explained to her that it was a holiday and that we could wear and eat green things.  I asked her if she wanted to make green pancakes with me for breakfast, which was an automatic "yes!"  When Dave came down in his green shirt for work, I couldn't get a green shirt and pants with green on them fast enough for her; she had to change right there at the breakfast table.  Topped up with the surprise - and usually not not allowed in the house - Lucky Charms ("Daddy cereal" as Genevieve likes to call it), the morning was a hit!  Genevieve loved drinking green milk, eating green cheesy eggs, asparagus, pears, peas, and the like all day.  Next year, I'll have to see what more I can add to the festivities.  As for this year, it was a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Love the green shirt (so glad Kenna's clothes come in handy) - pretty soon we'll be going through the short sleeve things and I'm sure we'll have more to send. My kids loved the lucky charms too.

Anonymous said...

Bec, you are adorable! It's been awhile since I've been on, so CONGRATS on the BABY!!!! I love the skiing - you guys rock - cookies, green shirts, pink shirts announcing baby etc. Lots of clothes ideas. :) But the reflections of "child as self" for you and Dave - mr. man in the buck - are great. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Jen Savage