Blog background

Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Celebrations

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. In my home growing up, it was always a special holiday as it reminded my parents of the time of year when they first fell in love. We always had a lot of fun with decorations, carving pumpkins, and fun parties. I am glad that my husband is willing to adopt these traditions in our home. Genevieve, Dave, and I carved pumpkins one night after Brooks went to bed. Genevieve helped as much as possible, and we all had a great time.
The finished products: Becca's, Genevieve's, Brooks's, and Dave's pumpkins.
We attended a fun chili cook-off and trunk-or-treat at church where the kids go from car to car for candy. I dressed as the Bermuda Triangle with items that constantly get lost, Genevieve was her favorite princess Ariel, and Dave (who's not so into costumes) was simply a masked goblin.
Can you tell Genevieve was excited for trick-or-treat below?

In Genevieve's mind, certain holidays are not complete without decorating cookies. We missed our regular group of friends from the mountains, but invited some preschool classmates and moms over to join us. It was a hit, - and a very fun, sticky mess!
Our favorite "pumpkins".


Snow White in her "carriage", off to trick-or-treat at a few neighbors' homes.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I like the bermuda triangle idea - I'll have to remember that one.

Catherine said...

I was going to say the same thing, I love the bermuda triangle idea. Great idea! Your kiddos are super cute!