Genevieve was very excited for her birthday this year, (as can be seen from the early morning photos below!). She knew that being four years old must be something special. Plus, who doesn't love a day of fun activities planned in his or her honor? She awoke to balloons and a decorated bedroom door along with all of her gifts wrapped on the mantel. (Not being able to open them all first thing in the morning was tough, but it kept up the anticipation.)
The Princess Genevieve Barbie doll that we had been saving for the past three and a half years. How neat is it to have a Barbie named after you?
When Genevieve told me that she wanted a Dairy Queen cake with My Little Pony, I felt like I had lucked out! I was preparing myself mentally to bake some big, complicated theme cake at home. Ice cream cake with fudge and chocolate crunchies in the middle and that I don't have to make, that's my favorite! I was excited.
However, we did learn that we can save our money next year and simply get her pretty frosting, as that was the only part that she was interested in eating! We had to keep her from licking the cake too much; you can bet that these edge pieces were hers.
Happy birthday to our darling girl!! You won our hearts from the day we met you! Thank you for bring us so much joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment