Blog background

Sunday, July 11, 2010

A visit to California

We were blessed to spend more than two weeks with my parents and siblings this summer. So much time to enjoy with family, playing with cousins, relaxing and enjoying was wonderful. Here are some of the highlights from our visit.

A visit to fairytale land:
I love these two good witches!

What could be better than a cousin party in the bathtub?

Brooks discovered a favorite hat. (I guess it's a favorite among all the boy cousins. Can you believe this thing has lasted almost 30 years? They don't make things like they used to!)
This was the first thing Brooks did every morning. He'd head immediately for the slide and climb right up it. It cracked us up that this 11-month old guy had no problem with it. He loved it!


And, of course, we made a visit to one of our favorite parks there. With digging for dinosaur bones, granny bugs, mini cars, the play area and so much more, how can you beat it?

Genevieve and Kenna. They might be a two and half years apart in age, but they are such good friends. I love it!
Mimi and little Cade
My sweet friend from France who, now, lives in California. It was wonderful to catch up!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Way to get back on the blog - maybe I'll do the same someday. That picture of Genevieve in the tub looks just like you! What a beauty.

The Egglestons said...

You are so sweet! Thanks!