Blog background

Sunday, January 20, 2008

New Year's Eve

Last year we were introduced to New Year's Eve the right way when Tom and Carolyn Crawford invited us to come sing karaoke at their house to ring in the new year.  Lucky for us, the tradition continued this year.  Genevieve got in on the action by eating the microphone and dancing up a storm.  For the second consecutive year we were treated by Becca's grandma to a stunning rendition of "Downtown" like only she can deliver. 

The night was a blast once again, though proved brutal for Dave's ego when his father-in-law informed him that Dave's singing was less than average.  As a little payback, I have posted a picture of him looking like a total clown.  Would you buy a surgical robot from this guy?  In Dave's defense, the musical selections didn't play to his strengths.  If only they had Air Supply's "Lost in Love".  Then tears of happiness would have been filling the room as Dave belted out that beautiful falsetto ballad.

Thank you Crawfords!!!  If you are already accepting RSVPs for next year's event, consider us in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave and Becca! I hope you don't mind but I snagged your blog address off the Wandry's blog. Looks like you guys are having fun living up there. And I have to laugh, because when ever I hear Air Supply, for some reason I think of Dave. Hope all is well, and Happy New Year!!
Denise