G: "Baby doll need to get dressed. What she wear?"
Me (not sure if she is looking for a real response or just thinking aloud like her mom): "I don't know; you can decide."
G: "Oh," (and she goes about her business).
or
G: "Baby hungry. What she eat?"
Me: same response as above
G: "Oh, I think..."
or
G (going through her closet when I give her the option of what to wear): "This? No. This? No. This? No," (and so on as she pulls, pushes or throws each item aside.)
I love to watch as she learns to make decisions and take care of herself and her baby, but I hate to think that I may really be this bad when it comes to thinking aloud and making decisions at times. Maybe that's why they say, like mother like daughter. My sister likes to say that there is no question who's daughter Genevieve is with her tendency for organization and cleanliness. Oh well, I am sure there is still hope for her!
No comments:
Post a Comment