Blog background

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Valentine's Cookie Party

A few days before Valentine's day we invited a number of friends and moms over for a cookie decorating party.  Genevieve and her friends loved it so much at Christmas that we thought we'd do it again and invite more friends to join us, (more arrived after these photos).  As expected, we made a grand mess of the kitchen, ate pizza for lunch, and had sugar crashes as everyone left for nap time.  We had a great time, especially the kids!  Here are a few of our dear friends: Colby and Claire, G, Ruby and Nikki, Victoria and Ana.



Genevieve likes to do her frosting and decorating all on her own.  She gave me one of her cookies to eat and, I must say, I had a hard time finishing it.  Talk about a sugar rush!
We baked and decorated a few cookies the night before with Daddy to help Genevieve have her own time with her cookies.  I was a little worried as she was so excited about the cookie party that the few days leading up to it, she began to say that no one was allowed to come besides herself.  She, actually, did really well with sharing with everyone the next day.  I wasrelieved.  I guess it's just the age.  This will probably become an annual tradition for us.  G loved it!


4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Egglestons, this is David's cousin. I saw your link on CaraLynn's page and thought I would look you up. It is fun to see your family and what you are up to. Congrats on the up comming!!

Scott & Tami said...

Dave: I ran into Al Larson Sunday...I like it...Shoot me an email. scottdavidnelson@gmail.com
-Scott

WYO Smith's said...

Hey,
It has been awhile since I checked out the blog. I have to say the Mexico trip was a topic of conversation for a while around here. I just thought, 'that sounds like Dave' I am hoping it doesn't spark any thoughts for my husband. He isn't nearly as brave as you. Congrats on a new one coming. The ski trip inspired us to take some photos of our kids out on the hill. Fun times. How are your parents doing. I hope well. I haven't heard or seen them in a while. Tell them I say HI.

Bethany and Terry said...

Hey! Sorry I have been out of the blogging scene for quite awhile. CONGRATS! I am so excited that #2 is on the way. How fun and exciting. You are great parents, or so it seems via the blog. We are so happy for you. Hope you don't get too sickly.