Last month, I celebrated a terrific birthday, thanks to wonderful friends and my sweetheart. A week ahead, we met up with some of my dearest and longest friends in Colorado for dinner. It was great to be out as adults, catch up, laugh, and enjoy. We need to do it more often; thanks guys! I love you!!
The following weekend, my wonderful husband took me to the temple, shopping, and spoiled us all with a get-away down to the Broadmoor. Dave and I had been there once before pre-children, and it was just as fun to go there with them. If you have never been there, it is beautiful, relaxing, and they treat you practically like royalty.
I had to take a picture of Genevieve fast asleep in her "princess bed"; such a luxurious bed for such a little girl!


I love this photo above of Dave and the kids on our way to Sunday brunch. Genevieve LOVED that ALL of her favorite foods were available to eat for one meal: waffles, pancakes, strawberries, blueberries, turkey cold cuts, cheese slices, bananas, juice, chocolate milk, elegant cupcakes, etc., etc. There really is no way to describe this brunch, except that it is the best that I have ever had!! YUM! We all really enjoyed it.
We enjoyed some time at the pool. Brooks went swimming for the first time and seemed to have fun. Genevieve was giddy just being in the water.




The rest of the time, we enjoyed some of the local restaurants, a massage for mommy at the spa (loved it!) while Dave spent time with the kids, and simply spent time together without distractions.
To top it all off, once home, sweet Dave made my favorite cake from growing up, chocolate cherry cake. Of course, to satisfy the aesthetic tastes of our 3-year old, it needed hearts and flowers. I loved it! It was a great birthday weekend! I am blessed with a wonderful husband and family! Who could ask for anything more?


2 comments:
Darling Becca!!! What a beautiful family you have. Sounds like a great time had by all, I love all the pictures!
What an awesome birthday! That black forest cake is still my favorite too, and I think of you every time I make it.
Post a Comment