Blog background

Friday, May 28, 2010

Genevieve's last day of preschool

Genevieve completed her first year of preschool and LOVED it! However, it makes me a little sad as I look at these photos from her first day of school this year and her last day of school, and I don't understand how this is possible. How did this happen?? Our little girl seemed to grow up SO MUCH in nine short months! My sweet baby girl is growing up.

At least, she had fun doing it! On the last day of school, her class finished the day by enjoying an ice cream party outside. I must agree, what could be better?!

Here's Genevieve with her favorite friend Katie. These two can squeal an run with excitement together like none other. You would think they hadn't seen each other at all by the end of class, even though they had just spent three hours together. They are so cute together!
Some more of our favorite classmates and moms
My happy girl, enjoying her snack!

As Genevieve attends a Christian preschool, her teachers wrapped up class with a prayer thanking the Lord for a wonderful school year and asking Him to watch over everyone for the summer. It was really sweet.
As an end of year gift for each of Genevieve's teachers, the class presented them each with flowers, a gift card, a jar filled with colorful gum balls and a note that said, "Thank you for chew-sing to teach at CHCP! We had a ball!" They truly did! (I wish that I had thought to take a picture of the jars before giving them away; they were pretty cute.)

Genevieve was really sad to say good-bye to her teachers and not be able to see them for the summer. She didn't even want to say good-bye because she understood the idea and it made her a little mad. Cute girl. We LOVED her teachers, Mrs. Lutz and Mrs. Carlin, and all of the wonderful kids and parents that we came to know this year. It really was a great class!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Ok, I need to get back and finish May on my blog. Sad so behind. Glad the gumball jars turned out cute. And as always, love Genevieve's ability to accessorize.