Blog background

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

We love Daddy!




I know that Mother's Day is coming up this next weekend, but Genevieve and I have decided to declare today "We love Daddy day!" You see, there are so many wonderful things about our daddy that we couldn't wait any longer to let him know and share it with the rest of you, too. It may seem like this is a follow up to Dave's shout out to me, but that's not actually the case. I had wanted to do something like this for a while but thought that I should hold out for his birthday. Why wait?

I absolutely love my husband and there is no doubt that Genevieve loves her daddy! The excitement that come across her face, and sometimes overcomes her entirely, when her daddy comes home is too cute every time. It's true that she is a little clingy to her mommy in the mornings, but she loves to talk about "Dada" through the rest of the day. I feel that I am truly spoiled in ways with how helpful and loving my husband is. Here are just a few examples of what make our daddy our favorite in every way!

-You may not know it, but Dave is closet dancer. He doesn't show off his moves in public, but at home he can really tear a rug. He boogies down with Genevieve any time she wants and is smooth when he dances with me. I think he did the Hokey Pokey (and a very lively one, at that) at least five times this past Sunday with Genevieve.


-Dave claims that he is not much of a singer, but I actually think he is pretty good. Regardless of his own opinion, he sings me creative songs every morning to make me laugh. He loves to play the piano and play "Name That Tune" with Genevieve.

-Dave has never formally studied French, but he gives it his best effort, - and has since we dated. He has pretty good pronunciation and isn't afraid to try. He spoke more French in Paris a few years ago than most of my French 4 students., He's definitely better than were most of my French 2 students after two years of daily class and is still better than many of my French 3 students. He's a good sport to go along with all of his wife's French speaking, teaching, etc.


-Dave is always willing to try out something new, whether it be a handy man project around the house or some sort of activity.

-He takes out the trash and ALWAYS helps with the dishes.

-Dave is an awesome skier and is always patient with me when we go together.

-He encourages me to take time for myself, i.e. yoga, skiing, girls night, etc. When I had a bunch of women up from Denver for a girls weekend, he got up to make an elaborate breakfast for all of us and didn't even let me do much of the clean up because he wanted me to have a relaxing girls weekend, too. He spoils me and takes good care of me.

-Dave helps me relax and keeps me calm when I get worked up about things. (Those of you who know me well know what I am talking about.)

-He often gives me the day off on Sundays with Genevieve. Most Sunday afternoons, I get a nap, cook dinner without trying to juggle Genevieve's needs, and generally get to simply relax with Dave's help. It really is a treat!

-He puts aside his doing things for himself in order to take care of tasks at home, even when I don't ask him to do so.


-Dave works long days and always has since the time we got married. Yet, if he makes it home before Genevieve goes to bed, he always helps put her to bed and do so with so much love.

-Dave enjoys taking Genevieve for bike rides, reading her books, teaching her how to do summersaults and flips, loves cuddling with her, and generally letting her tag along with whatever he does. It's really cute!


-He's willing to change the stinky diapers and brush Genevieve's teeth (which she fights like crazy!; it is not an easy task!)

-He makes Genevieve and I laugh every day!

-Dave is a hunk, (despite whatever he says about himself)!

-He puts his family first.

-Dave is very good at expressing his gratitude for the things I do around the home and with Genevieve. That means the world to me.

-Dave tells me every day (and definitely more than once) that he loves me and shows it in his actions, too. I love that.

-He is one the most patient, hard working, and easy going people that I know.

-I absolutely love him, and he loves Genevieve and me so much! Thank you for being the love of my life, sweetheart!

9 comments:

Dave said...

Is there another Dave in your life? This guy sounds vaguely familiar to me, but without any of my negative qualities. How sweet would that be if I could be all of these things plus consistently put my clothes away, pee with the door shut and not pick my nose? I love you tons and thank you for the kind words and pictures. I am too lucky to have you and G in my life!!

Sarah Smith said...

I love Dave even more after reading your post! Can't wait to see you guys in June!!

KatieMartin said...

Those pictures of G with the "We love Daddy" sign look familiar. I know our daddy treasured the pictures we made for him. They're on his desk at work. Go Dave! Super-Dad and Super-Hubby!

Erika said...

Sounds like a GREAT guy!

And Becca, I can see so much of you in Genevieve! She is darling.

Mimi said...

Go DAVE! We think he is great too and he always makes us laugh. Hope you enjoyed some weekend time with him today.

Farmington Smiths said...

Dave YOU ROCK! I knew that the first time I met you at my house at a Christmas party when you asked to do all the dishes and if I could get Becca to marry you! We love men who do dishes! (Thank You Grandpa Smith for that.) We need to enjoy your humor everyday and stop taking life so serious it is much funner when you laugh hard and out loud! Keep on... Keep on... You may be a true Smith afterall!

Nat and Justin said...

Hello my long lost cousins! Your parents and my parents are hanging out together up at Snowbird right now, and I just talked to my mom who told me Aunt Lorna told her you guys have a blog so I immediately had to come look! :) It has been WAY too long since I have seen you guys, and I can't believe how big Genevieve is and of course adorable! She is too cute! Hope you guys are doing great! It's also good to see that Dave is still hilarious as ever (at least he likes to think he is) haha just kidding Dave. I'm happy to find you and keep up with your lives! Love, Nat

Anonymous said...

Tag…you’re it! Ok, I invented my own game of tag because I’m on a hunt for new running/work out songs. So I know “tag” is kind of stupid, but maybe this will be fun, so hopefully you’ll play along. SO go to my blog and see my “top 10” and then create your own on your blog.

Kimberly Giardino said...

Your little girl is precious!!