As I have been running daily to the same music for the last few months, my playlist is beginning to lose its appeal, and I am in search of some new running songs. A friend of ours posted her list of favorite running songs and I thought that I might do the same in hopes of receiving comments of your favorites for working out. If not, hopefully, it at least gives you a few new songs to add to your own list.
Songs that keep me moving while I run:
How Far We've Come - Matchbox Twenty
She is - The Fray
Holding Out for a Hero - Bonnie Tyler (*one of my favorites for running)
Let It Happen - Jimmy Eat World
In the Middle - Jimmy Eat World
Machinehead - Bush
Canned Heat - Jamiroquai
All My Life - Foo Fighters
Everlong - Foo Fighters
Movies - Alien Ant Farm
Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm
Hey Ya! - OutKast
Dare- Gorillaz
Feel Good Inc. (edited)- Gorillaz
Falling for the First Time - Barenaked Ladies
Shadow Stabbling - Cake
Read My Mind - The Killers
Somebody Told Me - The Killers
4 comments:
I am so proud you did a half marathon. Such funny timing... I just did a post on needing running songs because I'm running the Denver half in October. You should do it. :) I actually have a lot of your same songs in my playlist.
Some of my latest favorite "get-going" songs are:
My Humps - Black Eyed Peas (hehehe)
What's My Age Again - Blink 182
Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
Wind it Up - Gwen Stefani
You Shook Me All Night Long
When You Were Young - The Killers
Lollipop - Mika
She Comes & Goes - Rob Drabkin
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
Stayin Alive - Wyclef Jean
Cherry Pie - Warrant
Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
I love to get new running songs. It's funny because just out of the blue everyone kind of responded to my post about running songs...months later, but I'm so glad because I needed some new ones!!
I'm so impressed with you running a half marathon on a whim. Great Job!!!!
OK, I can add to this list a little :). Some of my favorites are:
-Love is a Battlefield - forgot the artist
-Standing outside the fire- Garth Brooks (if you have seen the video,it is that much better)
- If I go crazy than would you still call me superman (again forgot the artist)
So, what day was your race?? I think I may have ran one the same day! You are awesome Becca! Great job!!! I would love to talk to you live sometime! I might be tracking you down sometime soon!
hi! I saw your blog through JaNae's I hope that is okay! I just thought I would post my thoughts on this too because I am always looking for new songs! I really like running to some of the songs off of the transformers soundtrack, they are pretty upbeat and keep ya moving! Good luck!
Post a Comment