Blog background

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Balloon Festival



There is an annual hot air balloon festival here.  It has taken place every September for 32 years.  We missed it last year, so I made a point to get Genevieve and myself up there this year.  We were not disappointed.  The photos don't do it justice, but it was amazing!  As Genevieve and I rounded the corner heading up to the base of the ski area, it was incredible to see all of the colorful balloons with such a gorgeous backdrop.  We were able to watch several of them inflate and take off from the ground.  Without a doubt, Genevieve's favorite balloon was the enormous pink Energizer bunny; she even wore the bunny ears in support of it!  We met up with our friends Matt and Whitney and their boys Will and Jonah.  It's fun to have some college friends around.  We had a great time and welcome any of you to come join us in future years!

2 comments:

Tamie said...

we've never gone to the balloon festival but i've got some others friends that went this year and i'm thinking that we're going to have to make sure to make it next year! how very fun!

Catherine said...

Looks like a blast. There are a ton of balloons in your pictures, I bet it is pretty incredible in person. Thanks for the invite (I know it was to all your blog readers)...who knows, maybe we'll join you next year.