We were in Denver in September for the wedding of one of Dave's best friends. As Genevieve is in love with trains (and planes and firetrucks and anything else that moves fast and makes lots of noise), we were in luck! I heard from a friend the week before we were in Denver that the local train museum was hosting "A Day Out with Thomas" for only another week or so. We don't even know the names of the Thomas characters, but Genevieve calls almost any train Thomas; I think she likes the personal level of a train having a name. So that day before the wedding rehearsal, we went to check it all out. Train after train, I think Genevieve was in heaven! We climbed around and inside various trains, watched model trains, climbed inside a fire engine, ate hot dogs, and rode on a train pulled by Thomas himself! Despite the fact that we were there during the usual nap time, Genevieve had no shortage of energy to do it all. She hated to leave, but she was out cold in the car as soon as we pulled out of the parking lot. I'm glad she had such a fun time! It was fun to spend the day with her there.
This fire fighter hat is one of Genevieve's favorite toys, now. She was so excited to sit inside a fire engine with a REAL fire fighter. It was really cute!
3 comments:
a train & and fire truck...what could make it a more perfect day???
what a great day to spend as a family!
Cute hair! When did you get it cut? Looks like you guys had a fun time.
Hope you have a great weekend! I live for weekends, YEAH!
SO FUN!!! Jenson would have loved this day!
Post a Comment