Blog background

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Girlfriends



Last month, four girl friends of mine from our previous ward came to visit for a get-away weekend.  In all reality, it is only about 24 hours; yet, overnight with no children and time to just catch up and laugh is still perfect!  We went out to dinner, stayed up late, Dave made us breakfast the next morning, we headed into Aspen for the farmer's market, and rode the gondola up the mountain to enjoy lunch and the gorgeous surroundings.  Dave is so sweet to make it a worry-free weekend for me, too, as he watches Genevieve and caters to us.  He is a sweetheart!   Thus far, it is an annual tradition; I don't know if simply two years in a row qualifies it as "annual".  However, we hope to make it more.  I am so glad to have such great friends that make the drive to come visit.  We really had a great time! 

2 comments:

Familia Bethers said...

Oh how I wish I could have made it! Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Staci Kramer said...

HI!!!! Its been too long since we got all caught up! I just came across your blog for the second time in my life and I LOVED seeing what you have been up to. Last time I looked at your blog, you inspired me to do my own. check it out. staciandjohn.blogspot.com . I'm super jealous of your girls weekend. I need to make it up there to colorado sometime and see you guys. Lets talk soon. 480 248 4719.