Blog background

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mexico

In early November we joined my sister Kristen's family on a trip to Puerto Vallarta.  As it was just getting cold here, it was perfect timing.  - As many of you probably know, if you tell a toddler that you are going somewhere they want to go NOW.  I didn't dare tell Genevieve until the day before we were leaving.  As I pulled out her clothes to pack, she decided to prepare herself, too.  She pulled out and put on what she thought was necessary, packed the new backpack I had bought her, and was ready to go!  She was pretty upset when she realized that we still had to sleep at our own house that night and weren't leaving until the following evening, but we survived.


Once in Mexico, we enjoyed lots of time at the pool and on the beach.  Swimming suits, cousins, sun, splashing, and not following the normal routine, - what could be better?  And, yes, that is a speedo on my husband.  When he went grocery shopping, he found a funny surprise to put on under his swim trunks.  When in Rome, do as the Romans do, right?
 
 
 

This was our regular fort/sand castle/sand temple building crew; it depended on who you asked.
  
 
G was nervous about the waves, (I can't blame her; the current was strong!), but with Mommy or Daddy it was fun.


We visited a crocodile "farm" (if that's what you would call it) and helped release one-day-old baby turtles into the ocean at night.  It was fascinating, and the kids loved it.

We, also, went out one day with a guide to see dolphins.  Genevieve loved seeing the dolphins but kept searching for Princess Ariel, as well.  (She's a bit obsessed; I don't know if I will survive this stage well or not.)  We had a great time.


Here are a few pics of hanging out in town.  We witnessed some pretty smooth daddy-daughter dancing to a band playing in the square.
 
Dave, Genevieve & me (Becca)
Posing with a couple of the cool statures and sculptures in town.

Thanks, Dayley family, for a such a fun trip!  We loved being with you!

4 comments:

Tamie said...

that is one seriously BIG cowboy hat that dave's got on there...and hmmm...speedo, really dave?
that is one for the books :)
looks like you all has waaaayyy too much fun down south in the sun and sand....just a titch jealous, i think :)

Kimberly Giardino said...

It looks like you guys had such a great time in Mexico!! Such a fun place to visit!! I must confess that I stalk your blog :) I hope all is going well!! Your little one is so precious!

Bethany and Terry said...

Totally getting jealous! Looks like it was amazing! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Years.

Tanya said...

OMG, I saw the speedo picture before I read about it. Only Dave could get away with that, right? Ha! Miss you guys!