Blog background

Saturday, November 22, 2008

A visit from family

We were so lucky to have my sister Mimi visit us last month with two of her kids, Kenna & Brett.  (Since her oldest, Max, is in school, he stayed home and had some fun father-son outings, instead.)  It was the first time that she had visited since I moved in Colorado, and I was ecstatic!  I think she was a little suprised by the temperature change, but it was, actually, pretty nice weather while she was here.

Genevieve LOVED having her cousins here to play.  They were the first thing she'd ask for every morning when she woke up and the reason she never wanted to nap or go to bed.  It was too much fun to have playmates around all day.  I loved how well entertained they were with each other.  I think Kenna is one of Genevieve's favorite people, now.  She definitely has a stronger affinity for pink and princesses, now, due to Kenna.  If Kenna liked it, so did Genevieve!  I have a feeling it won't be a quickly passing phase.

Before they left town, we took the kids over to a farm to see chickens, goats, and Louis the turkey.  The goats were the most active on this cold, rainy day.  The girls liked the animals, but I don't think they even came close to Brett's excitement; he was so cute!  I loved this smile.


It was so fun to have them here!  I loved Genevieve being able to get to know her cousins better, being able to get to know Brett's personality better myself, and spending time all together.  Thanks, Mimi, Kenna, and Brett, for coming; we had a great time!


No comments: