Blog background

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Catherine's baby

For those of you who don't know my younger sister Catherine, she is amazing!  She is one of those fun-loving, energetic, patient, and selfless people that many of us aspire to be.  Last month, she and her husband were blessed with one of life's greatest miracles, the birth of their first child, Colton.  Needless to say, we are so excited for them!   


The little guy decided to come breech.  So, wanting to meet the newest addition to the family and knowing that a C-section is not an easy recovery process, Genevieve and I went out to help for a few days.  Genevieve LOVED meeting her new cousin.  She is a big fan of babies!  And, Colton is a good one of which to be a fan.  He is darling, small but eats often (too bad for his mom who would love to be able to sleep), and has completely charmed his parents.  I don't know how helpful we were, but we did our best.  I was impressed by how patient Genevieve was with being inside more than usual and how hard she tried to help.  She kept saying "Catherine, mal -(which means hurt in French), help" and was so good because she understood why we were there.  Anytime Colton would cry, she would automatically tell me "water" and grab a bottle because she thought he needed to drink/eat, "suce" which means pacifier (since that always helps Geneveive when she is sad), "couche, mal" which meant she thought he had a diaper that was hurting him, or "night, night".  Those are usually the reasons a baby cries.  I don't think she's quite ready to try it on her own - only being two years old and all, but she was a pretty cute help.  



It was wonderful to be able to go out and meet this cute boy and spend some time with Jon and Cass.  They are going to be amazing parents!

I had better not forget to mention, Genevieve loved the airplane trip!  She had been telling me for a couple of months that she wanted to go on an airplane, so this was a real treat!  I love this picture of she and her baby doll watching all of the planes outside our window.  She was a great little traveller.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Her hair is getting so long! I love the pic of G and the baby doll. Smart move on your part - when a toddler is around a baby, they always need a baby of their own to take care of.

Tamie said...

that is so cute. she is a very astute little girl to know just what the baby needs...i'm sure that it was so cute to watch!

Catherine said...

You are too nice! We were so glad to have you here and it's true, G is way ahead of her time in knowing how to take good care of a baby. We miss you and I'm sorry I didn't send pictures of your visit earlier. And I LOVE the picture of G with her baby doll. Too cute!