Genevieve and Mommy went to Seattle to visit Aunt Kristen, Uncle Marlowe, cousin Sarah, and new baby Joshua. Genevieve and Sarah love each other and Genevieve LOVES babies, so we thought this would be a fun trip. It was a great trip, it just ended up being more eventful than we had planned for it to be. The following are lists of our excitement, planned and unplanned.
Planned:
Busy play days among cousins
Late nights of grown-up visiting and watching movies
Dinner with friends
A visit to the Seattle aquarium
Shopping
Baking
A visit to The Scratch Patch (=a store that, simply, sells pretty rocks that you get to collect into lilly pads from the floor; we're not sure how this business model will survive, but it's a hit with little ones who enjoy playing with rocks!)
Unplanned:
Genevieve started coming down with a cold on the flight to Seattle
By day 2, Genevieve had a fever that peaked every night & ran for the next 7 days
Sarah came home from school with pink-eye, (which spread to 3 people on medicated drops)
9-week old baby Joshua caught Genevieve's bad cold
Very fussy chidren
A visit to the ER for a deep cut in Kristen's hand after falling on the ice
A visit to the ER with Genevieve who had a fever over 105 F
Plus, many sleepless nights
I don't regret going; we never could have predicted everything that happened! I just hope that KJ and Marlowe don't regret the visit. We, still, had a lot of fun; it was just crazy at times!
Here are some happy pictures of the aquarium and Scratch Patch. Would you believe that the last one is from the middle of the night after Genevieve went to the emergency room?! She felt sooo much better after her fever was down to 101.9 F. The fact that she was willing to eat and was playful was a HUGE improvement! - Some trips are just crazy!
2 comments:
I love the Seattle Aquarium. Have you done the zoos? Also,if you're ever here inthe summer there'sa fun placecalled Jetty Island,up north by us, and LOTS of places to pick blueberries!!I've never heard of the scratch patch, I'll have to take the boys.I've loved reading your blog and seeing how you all are doing. borlandtimes.blogspot.com
Are you allowing comments now? I'm sorry your trip was so crazy.
Post a Comment