It has now been two months since we started and for two months our driveway has looked like this...
I haven't had as much luck, when I try to sound French I sound like Apu, the convenience store worker from the Simpsons. When I try to sound Italian, I sound like Apu. When I try Spanish with a Mexican accent, same result. This is particularly insulting seeming as how in 1998 when I got back from my mission to Mexico and applied for my first job, my potential employer asked if I was legal to work in the US and if I had a green card. The good news is that when I try to sound like an Indian shopkeeper, I sound like the nice people that take customer service calls for United and Dell, which isn't bad. I'll take sounding like I'm from Bangalore when I'm shooting for Delhi.
At the end of the day, I am guessing that maybe before I pray to master a bunch of different accents, I should first try to be as great as Becca is. That might increase my odds of getting what I ask for.
4 comments:
Dave you are so very funny! i'm going to have to make sure that brook comes and reads this post...he'll laugh too! :)
too bad about that snow shovelling thing...however, i do think that you kind of had it coming when you moved into the high country!
BTW, thanks so much for your comment on our mt. rushmore trip. i'm glad that it was good memories for you...and one of your all-time favorite road-trips to boot! chalk one up for tamie! :)
p.s when are you guys coming down here so we can get together!?!
Well Dave, tamie was right... I did laugh. Its great hearing how you guys are doing. I was so bummed when becca called and said she was in town, that would have been great to see her. Next time you guys are down here and you have time lets get together. As for the accents, I have found that a good scottish accents gets me through some of the tough parts of the BOM. I can however, do a really good indian accent. And I might have to see how Nephi sounds as an indian. Bytheway, B-ball is starting up again here and its time to defend our perfect season last year!
Dave
I seriously laughed out loud when I read about your accents. I can just imagine how exciting scripture reading has become at your house.
Dave you are a weirdo, but I think it's cool. Your house looks awesome in that picture! I bet it is...maybe I could come see it someday...
Post a Comment