First, I have to explain that I am so grateful for this group of young moms that I have fallen into here in our area. They really have made our move here great. There are five of us that get together for lunch once a week and attempt additional play dates as our schedules allow. We are all in our 30's, adjusting to being known as mom rather than by our previous careers, and each have a daughter between the ages of 8 months and 20 months who are fascinated by each other. Well, as we came to find out, the coincidences didn't stop there. We recently discovered that four of the five of us have February birthdays and decided that, being so, we had to celebrate.
So, on my birthday, we snow shoed up to a restaurant that can only be accessed by cross county skiing, a horse drawn sled, or by snow shoe. It was gorgeous! The scenery, weather, and food were all great. And how nice it was to have some time on our own! A girls day/night out is a wonderful gift!
While I was out, Dave and Genevieve had a daddy-daughter day together, which truly warms my heart as one of the best gifts ever. There is not much that manages to steal my heart more than seeing Dave interact in such sweet ways with Genevieve. They went grocery shopping, ran a couple of errands, enjoyed a lunch date out together, and set up Mommy's birthday gift (a treadmill!!) as a surprise for when I returned home. Watching Genevieve with Dave when I returned home was evidence of how much fun they had together. I loved it!
Dave took me out for dinner that night to a restaurant called Six89. It was delicious, we left stuffed! And, I still got to eat my favorite chocolate cherry cake as we enjoyed the day after together as a family. I really was spoiled! Dave knows how to treat me well!
10 comments:
Happy late Birthday! It has been fun to see how Genivieve has grown, and to keep updated on your lives. I can't remember where I saw the link to your site, but it has been fun to peek in every now and then.
It just dawned on me today that I don't think I have said hello yet. So, hello! It looks like your are happy and well. Tell Dave hi for us too. Have a great weekend.
Love, Bethany
you went to THAT restaraunt! i am jealous...but all you mommies deserve it! and Happy Birthday!!! beleive it or not, you are on my calendar. :)
i so want to go there...i can nenver remember the name...is it totally worth it? i'm sure!
i'm glad that you had so much fun...though, i think that i am a little biased and will have to say that your 30th birthday was your best. :)
happy belated day, becca! hope it was great!! love, whitney
That looks like a blast! Happy Birthday!
Yes becca happy b-day. Sounds fun.
In looking at your pics I noticed the hardware on your cupboards - very cool. Where did you get it?
On another note a friend of mine (Brian Babcock) recently got engaged to Ali S (S something I think). I saw she had a link from her blog to yours. Are you related to/friends with her.
Becca you are such a hottie on snow shoes!
Looks like so much fun. How fun to be on an adventure in Aspen and finding good friends. Love the birthday idea.
Happy Birthday Becca! Sounds like you had a great day. What a wonderful way to spend your day!
Say hello to Dave from us!
Aileen Bethers
Becca--Happy belated b-day!! It was so fun to get your comment on my blog! Genivieve is darling. Look forward to checking in and keeping tabs ;-)
I am soooo terrible at keeping up with birthdays now. Anyways, sounds like you had a great day (or two). Happy late b-day, cute girl!!
Post a Comment