Blog background

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Remember The Jimmy

Seinfeld fans have to remember the episode with The Jimmy. The Jimmy always referred to himself in the third person, which led to typical high quality Seinfeld humor. Dave realized as he was writing the prior post that he suffers from the writers version of 'The Jimmy' or 'The Dave' if you will.

The Dave started in an attempt to have this blog written from the perspective of Genevieve and somehow has morphed into Dave talking about Dave as Dave. It all seems rather confusing. How we ever thought that we could convince you that our daughter, who couldn't even feed herself at the time, was maintaining a blog is equally as strange as The Dave. The madness has got to stop and will. I, Dave, will now make a honest effort to stop referring to myself in the third person. I really don't want to be like The Jimmy. That guy was nuts.

7 comments:

RSP said...

I just assumed Genevieve was extremely advanced for her age....which I am sure she still is.

Anonymous said...

You know, I find myself doing the same thing sometimes on our blog. We actually just watched that episode the other day. Funny!!!

Mimi said...

Dave, I think YOU are nuts!

Marni said...

Hi Becca and Dave!! I saw that Denise had you guys linked to her blog and was excited to get a little updated on your lives. Your little girl is darling!! Hope everything is going great - Marni

Mindi said...

Hi, I have started blog hopping and found your blog, this is Mindi as in Mike (Becca's cousin), Mindi, Abby, Carson, Logan, Brandon? Genevieve looks so much older since we saw you last, she is adorable. Love the blog,
we have one too - at kansas2utah.blogspot.com

Tamie said...

wow, i am so thrilled that you guys are alive up there in the mountains. i must sya that it is a little more than dissapointing that every time we check your blog--nothing changes....good new year's resolution. sorry i missed you last time you were down here in the flat lands...perhaps next time or maybe we'll have to just plana weekend getaway to come and see you guys!

Jenn Knight said...

Becca, this post made me laugh out loud! I loved reading all about your fam now. Ah, it was so good to get your comment/link to your blog. I'm glad to finally be able to reconnect!