However, two days ago as Genevieve was searching through every inch of my bag on the floor, with hopes to find a binky (which I rarely keep in there now since binkies are only allowed for bed time), she found something that she now likes even better! She immediately came over to me with a roll of Smarties, that I had completely forgotten were in my bag, wanting me to open them for her. As I said "bonbon" in asking her if that was what she wanted, she picked up on that word and sign immediately! She has only pick up "popcorn" so quickly as this new one. Only she requests "bonbon" around the clock. We have had several extra crying fits at our home in the last two days. But when she does eat a good lunch or dinner, I am willing to give her a Smartie or two as dessert. She cracks me up! I can see that her days of being pleased with healthy foods are passing, but that doesn't mean that I'll give up! It's part of life, I guess!



This first picture is Genevieve signing "candy/bonbon" as she asks for one. The second photo is her begging for candy as she signs and says "please", (a regular begging method around here). Genevieve will often get a bowl out if she thinks that I don't understand in hopes that I will put something in for her; thus, the third photo. And, in the last photo, she finally got a bonbon! You can see her obvious glee in her result!
5 comments:
How funny. It is sad when they start figuring out there are other things out there besides healthy foods. Guess the key is moderation in all things.
My 4-year-old's favorite food is green beans. They were her favorite baby food too.
I first I read the title of your blog as baboon....who knows why. So I thought your were calling your child a baboon. I guess I need to work on my French. And I think it's about time you give her some treats...especially ice cream. Don't you want her to have any Smith qualities?
Brett is sooo the same - we have a decorative vase filled with Valentine M&M's (I know, I need to change it) and everytime I pass it with him - he leans toward it and whines. Chocolate is his favorite - guess he fits right in.
She is a doll!!! I love your pictures of little Genevieve. Ava begs for candy and knows where I hide all of my stashes, I think I need to follow in your footsteps and throw some out! And the ice-cream??? Amazing, she must be an Eggleston and not a Smith... or are Eggleston's ice-cream lovers as well? I love your posts Becca, so darling!
Hey Becca, it's me, Elisha. I check out your blog through Denise's. Great pics. Molly LOVES candy too. Even more than food. Nice to hear she's not the only one who wants candy and not a sandwich
Post a Comment