Blog background
Saturday, April 05, 2008
Butterflies and more
I recently took Genevieve to a place called the Butterfly Pavillion with a friend. It really is a neat place for kids. She studied lots of ugly bugs in terrariums, that didn't scare her at all like they scared me. She touched a huge Madagascar cockroach, (= one of my biggest fears! It's instinctive for me to want to run and stomp on them!) She touched starfish, crabs and watched fish. And, of course, we saw lots of butterflies. They were beautiful. Genevieve watched them occasionally, but they were only a fraction of the fun. She had a blast finding puddles and splashing in them, climbing on and off every bench she could find again and again, playing on the wooden bridge, checking out all of the plants, and watching all of the other kids there. Even though she wasn't into the butterflies quite as much as I had thought she would be, I still think it was well worth our time and money. I love watching her discover things! And, yes, that is her smile! She smiles as big as she possibly can; it cracks us up every time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Becca! I've been reading your blog for a while now, but just recently started our own. My kids LOVE the Butterfly Pavillion, and that is something that we are definitely going to miss! We had a family membership there, and it was definitely worth it.
Anyway, I can't believe how big your little girl is! Weren't you just pregnant?! Weren't you just in the ward still?? Where has the time gone.
Anyway, hope to hear back from you sometime.
--Candace :)
I LOVE that smile on her! Darling
i love her huge smile...especially the one in your easter post...glad that you had fun at the pavilion. we haven't been there since i was pregnant with jack. i think that the both the boys would love another trip out there to see the bus...oh and the butterflies too. :)
I love the Kenna outfit - seeing it on Genevieve makes me think of my own little girl. We have a butterfly exhibit like that at our Science Museum - the kids like it but their favorite part was looking for the huge gilla monster that lived there. Too bad he died last year. :(
Post a Comment