Blog background
Saturday, April 05, 2008
Grandpa!
My dad came into town last weekend, and it meant the world to me! My mom asked me back in February what I wanted for my birthday and I told her that what I really wanted was for them to come visit, although I knew it might not be possible with their very busy schedules. Well, my mom wasn't able to make it, but my dad flew in Friday night from meetings in Italy and spent Saturday with us before he had to leave bright and early Sunday morning. Dave and I joked about it being a convenient lay over, but we know that it really wasn't. I am SO grateful that my dad went out of his way to squeeze in a visit. It was basically just a day, but it was a really great day. Dave, Dad and I went skiing in the morning (in awful conditions, but still enjoyed it) and spent the afternoon and evening with Genevieve. The time with my dad was priceless! I love my dad and am glad that he was able to come see where we live. Aren't dads wonderful? Mine sure is! It was a great birthday present!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You really were updating your blog!!! Good work! And what a good dad. I love that man too!
You have been busy today - I love the updates and cute pictures of Dad. I'm glad you got a bit of time w/him.
I know this is totally random, but I saw your blog on Terry and Bethany's blog (they were in our ward in Littleton and I just love them!!!) so I thought I would write a quick note. I am sure you and Dave are in heaven in Aspen, I am so happy for the both of you! And Genevieve is absolutely adorable! Congratulations!! I wish you and Dave all the best, and I hope to hear from you!!!!
Christina (High) Marriott
Hey Dave it was fun to see your comment on the blog. We are excited any time we see new bloggers out there. I am sure you wouldn't guess it but my family is a bit leary of the whole blog thing. I guess to each his own. It is fun to see glimpses of people's lives that we don't get to see much and not have to make a ton of effort to do it. Your daughter is a cutie and it looks like life is good. I was just asking my parents if there will ever be a Sylvester reunion again since it seems like such a long time since I had seen or heard from anyone. Maybe we should have a Sylvester blog site. I'll leave that up to you to get it up and running. :) I am sure I will be checking in from time to time so thanks for sharing your site.
Cara
Hey, it was fun to catch up on your blog! Little G is adorable. Your dad is a good man and so great to come out and visit you. That is why all you Smith girls are so sweet and just downright good people - you had a great example(s). What a nice man.
Post a Comment