Blog background
Saturday, April 05, 2008
Wild life
No, I didn't misspell my title. What I wanted to convey is how crazy it is to see all of these animals outside of my door and windows. I know that we live in the mountains, but it still amazes me how we live in their territory and get to see deer, elk, fox, etc. passing through our yard on a regular basis. The other evening I came down to clean up the dishes after putting Genevieve to bed and this is what I saw passing outside our kitchen window. By the time I grabbed my camera and got outside the door, this herd of elk had crossed the street into our neighbor's yard. Dave sees them all of the time driving home in the dark from work, but I was surprised to see them out this early in the evening. The very next morning, as I went down with Genevieve to feed her breakfast, we saw a family of deer in our backyard looking in the kitchen windows at us! Genevieve loved it and, as always, wanted to see more. It really is wild where we live!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment