Blog background

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Easter

I may be a little behind in posting these photos, but I wanted to share some of the fun we had around here for Easter. I took Genevieve to her first large scale Easter egg hunt here in town, along with some of her playmates and their moms. Although they had it sectioned off by age groups, there definitely were some "two years and under" kids who knew more what it was all about or had a lot more coaching from their parents. I just thought it was great that Genevieve found two eggs! It was fun to watch her, and we had a blast afterwards playing in the park until nap time.

As Genevieve had been sick, she and I almost stayed home from church on Sunday. But what is Easter Sunday without church?? She seemed to be doing alright, so at the last minute we decided to put her in her darling Easter dress and just keep her with us at church. I am glad that we did. She did great and Easter wouldn't have seemed complete without going to church. I LOVE this photo of Dave and her together. Her daddy, actually, got her all ready while I scrambled to get ready myself. Good job, Daddy! Genevieve loved her dress! She was quite disappointed when I didn't let her put it back on after her nap.

Earlier that morning Genevieve discovered her Easter basket, with fun church books, doggie stickers and a bubble blower! We had no idea how big a hit the bubbles would be. Bubbles are a daily request now and we go outside regularly to do them. That afternoon, Genevieve got to hunt for eggs at our house. She had caught on from the egg hunt in town and loved putting the eggs in her basket and immediately opening them to find out what was inside. She didn't care for the jelly beans quite as we had thought she would. So instead of eating them herself, she graciously (force) fed them to her parents. Dave and I felt pretty sick after having her attempt to open all of her eggs. We had to hide some away! It was much more candy than I usually ever eat in one day! We'll try Teddy Grams and m&m's next year.




2 comments:

Catherine said...

I love the easter dress! And what a good daddy to get her ready for church. Isn't it sad though when it is so cold on Easter. I love the hat that she was wearing to search for eggs, but it's Easter...shouldn't it be warm? It was snowing here on Easter, so I suppose that's why I'm on my soapbox about it :)

Mimi said...

Sorry you were sick - we had a rough Easter morning too and I still need to get a pic of Brett in the clothes we bought for Easter. We had too much Easter candy too - the kids are still eating it - yuck!